January 30, 2015

L’Oréal Paris COLOR RICHE Collection Star PURE GARNET on medium skintone

Hello Ladies !

New year 2015 is slowly dying down and so as my illness. Bad fever and cough due to weather change here in Kerala. I was flipping through Femina and the huge ad featuring the bollywood divas for L'oreal Paris Lipstick caught my eyes. I fell in love with the color Sonam Kapoor was wearing. I finally purchased it from Purplle and it arrived today. I have been sick at home, and it's been a while since I last wore makeup.

I quickly cleansed and did some touch- up to try this new color on. Viola - I am loving it. Here are my comments and the pictures on how this looks on me, a dusky complexion skin tone.

Price: 995 INR for 4.2 gms.

About the lipstick: All praises :) the lipstick case is classy and gorgeous. I could not smell anything as far as fragrance is concerned, may be because I had cold. Application is easy, the texture is matte without any shine, or dryness. It would appear awkward if you have dry chapped lips. You may want to moisturize your lips first with some lip balm underneath. I used a brush to apply, I have put two coat to bring the nice rich wine/plum shade. This shade is beautiful on all skin tones especially people with medium to dark skin tone cannot miss this. It's a beautiful bold color.

It stays on for a good 5 - 6 hrs without meals. After that it leaves the stain behind the traces of lip color. It didn't dry my lips, light and comfortable for day time wear.



I first felt it does look like couple of MAC lipsticks I have. MAC Rebel and MAC Darkside. I have compared the three shades and some pictures below.

L'oreal Paris Star Collection Pure Garnet Vs MAC Rebel Vs MAC Darkside


L-Right. MAC Rebel, L'oreal Paris - Pure Garnet from Star collection

No comments: