December 29, 2014

MAC Technakohl Eyeliner - Superfly Review

Couple of day's before Thanksgiving received a newsletter from MAC about their Technakohl Liners.
I already have several colored liner's was in search of smudge proof liner's so thought of buying black liner. MAC Black liner in this collection is called Superfly. All the shades in the new launch are brilliant and vivid.

Quantity & Price: $16 for 0.35 g/0.012 US oz

About the liner - Superfly : I read reviews on their old collection, and people had written it as water proof. I bought Superfly online so I could try it on only after I got the shipment. People had mentioned about Graphblack but unfortunately that was not available and hence I bought Superfly. It comes in a twist/retractable tube, which I liked.

MAC describes this as a "Mechanical pencil-style liner. In formula, soft and creamy, with an intense, rich, colour deposit. Blends on application: dries quickly to a long wear non-smudge finish. Versatile. An easy way to line the top and lower lash line of the eye. When applied at a 90 degree angle, provides as thin precise line. For a thinker application, apply at a flat angle."

My Experience: On the pack or on the liner itself I did not see water proof or smudge proof anywhere. Superfly is a soft black color, not intense black. Application is easy, I had to run over twice to get the desired finish. I had eye primer underneath and it stayed well for straight 10 hours. I am yet to test in hot climate. It's water proof too. you would need a cleanser or eye makeup remover to take it off.

I am thinking of buying their Graph black too, it's now available on MAC's website. I am so obsessed with their Lipsticks and now Eye liners :)

Below are the swatches and liner on my eyes. Again, I am no expert on lining my eyes :)




No comments: