December 4, 2014

MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick - Quite the thing on Indian Skintone

While looking at the swatches from MAC Sheen Supreme Collection I liked few of their colors.
Being a big fan of plum colors, I added Quite the thing to my wishlist and bought couple of months later without even trying.

Price & Quantity: $18 for 3.6 g / 0.12 US oz in US

Color & Texture: This lipstick shade name does not give a slightest clue on the color :) It's a cool dark pinkish plum color. It looks as if it's a frost finish lipstick from tube but it's not. It's smooth on application, with the vanilla fragrance. It's sheer and looks like glossy lip balm on single swipe. You can build it up to get a opaque look with couple of layers.It has very fine shimmery particles that does not show off. It's not sticky and feels light on lips.

It's lasting power is less compared to their Satin/Matte finish lipsticks. The glossiness wears off soon in couple of hours. With opaque layers, the color lasts on me for 3 - 4 hours and after that the stain remains on my lips. I would have had several coffees and a meal by then. I re-apply post lunch so that I have it back for the rest of the day.

Below is the pictures of lipstick and how it looks on me. Sorry for the poor lighting.




This is a pretty dark pink color, suitable for all Indian skin tones. If you like dark pink or plum and shine this is for you. Some prefer to wear such colors during winter, to me it does not matter :) 

No comments: