December 29, 2014

MAC Lipstick O on deep skintone

I have already written about MAC's Odyssey. Today I am writing my experience with another Frost finish lipstick from MAC called "O". Yes it's just "O". I never tried this on me but ordered online after looking at some swatches.

Price & Quantity: $16 for 3g/ 0.1 US oz

Color & Texture: MAC describes this as Purplish-red with golden pearl and frost finish. I thought it would actually a kind of red. But when I opened the pack I was disappointed by it's dark bronze color. But I fell in love when I swatched at the back of my hand. On my skin to me it didn't look or have a tiniest bit of red. It was more of bronze plum shade. When i wipe the lipstick off it came off as plum color. Funny isn't it looks different in tube than when applied and removed. When it transfers on cups it comes off as plum.

I am a NC 45 in MAC and it compliments my skin tone very well although I am not a huge fan of brown lipsticks. I remember seeing this in store and I would never even in dreams try the swatch to see the color on me. I am liking this lipstick.

The lipstick has shimmery particles to it, decent coverage in single swipe unlike satin or sheen finish lipsticks. The copper bronze shimmer color goes well on deep skintone. If you have dry lips you would want to have a layer of lip balm underneath. I did a mistake here, I did my eyes and applied the lipcolor last. My eye makeup does not go well with this lipcolor. To fix it I then applied some blush over my cheeks to balance it.

The color looks so pretty in pictures and in light. I totally loved wearing it to work with my pale pink sweater. It lasted for 3 - 4 hours and then I reapplied post my meal. This is a different color than regular brown, red, purple and pinks. I am going to use this from time to time for a change.



No comments: