February 17, 2015

MAC Dark side Lipstick on Indians skin tone

Hello Ladies,

I have waited so long to write about this lipstick. Dark side belongs to MAC Amplified Creme family. MAC promoted this lipstick last fall (2014) along with Love Child Lipglass, ever since I wanted to buy this. Unfortunately MAC stores were out of stock and could not order online when I was in US. Viola ! I got it from Express Avenue Mall, store Chennai during my visit early this year.

Price : In India, I remember it costed me over 1,200 bucks including tax. In US its only $16.

About the lip color:  MAC defines this color as deep burgundy. It;s of creamy texture with little shine to it, as it belongs to amplified creme finish group. It's a beautiful shade and compliments medium to deep skin tone very well. It has the vanilla smell as all MAC lipsticks have. It's smooth on application, gives decent coverage on single swipe which can be build. Neither this lipstick dries your lip nor settle in fine line.

The wear time is little disappointing. It stayed on me for 2 - 3 hours, and then the tint of color. Not sure if it's due to the hot/humid weather where I live.

You might find this shade similar to several other MAC lipsticks, I will do a comparison soon with the lipsticks I have.

I would rate this as 4/5.


It's been a while ever since I did makeup, as I don;t have time these days. This was all done in a rush.


No comments: