February 7, 2015

MAC Newyork Apple Lipstick on deep Indian Skintone

Hello Ladies !

Today I am writing my opinion on another lipstick from MAC called Newyork Apple. This belongs to their Frost family, yet another beautiful color.

Price: $16 (3g) as I bought in USA. Right not the price in India may be over 1000 as I bought one other lipstick from Express Avenue Mall Chennai.

About the lipstick: MAC describes this shade as Muted red with pink shimmer. Indeed it is. It's neither too bright nor flashy. This is a frost finish lipstick hence shimmery just little. This color is suitable for all Indian skin tones, and is just perfect for anyone who likes to wear red but not look bright like Deepika Padukone or Kareena Kapoor. It can be worn any time during the day or night. It has the mild Vanilla fragrance of MAC which disappears to nothing after the application. It gives decent pigmentation on single swipe you can just blend for a soft look else build it up to provide good coverage.

I used the MAC Cherry lip pencil to line my lips and then filled my lips with Newyork apple, single swipe on both lips blended nicely. Didn't use gloss. You can top it with a gloss if you are going for a party or function.

It stayed on me for 2 - 3 hours in hot humid weather and disappeared after the meal except for the lip outline.

Overall satisfied, would rate 4/5

Below is the lipstick swatch and me wearing it.



No comments: