February 19, 2015

MAC Diva lipstick on medium deep Indian skintone

Hello girls,

MAC Diva lipstick is one other most applauded lip color by all. I bought this lipstick in US couple of months ago when I visited. I finally had a chance to try it this week. I had several lipsticks to try and I couldn't wear this. 

Price: 16 USD (3g), current price in India would be over 1,000 INR.

About the lipstick: MAC describes this lipstick as "Intense reddish burgundy". Diva is a deep burgundy color with a tint of redness to it. Dark side and Diva might look alike however there is slight difference in the color and big difference in the texture. Diva is Matte finish lipstick, although I didn't find it dry on my lips. Application is easy, either from tube or with brush. One layer is sufficient to many I did one light layer with brush, took it off on tissue and then applied second layer directly from tube and blended. Using a lip liner defines the lip line well, I used MAC Beet liner.

It stayed on for 5 hours without meal, leaving behind the color which lasted throughout the day. You can apply power supply gloss from MAC, on top of it if required for a party look. Here is a post.

MAC Diva suits all medium to deep Indian skin tone very well. I was matched to NC45 of MAC last fall. All purple, plum, berry shades suit me very well including some red.

Below is the lipstick swatch  and me wearing it !



Pictures look different from different ankle with light! I am wearing Estee Lauder DW Lite #5 Foundation, Estee Lauder Blackened Black Kajal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

All lipsticks in your post look too dark in the hand swatch but look muted and soft on your lip swatch. Please let me know how you wear the lipstick..do we put something before or after the lipstick goes on.

thanks
pp

Unknown said...

On hand the color stands out, well as the arm color is lighter than our face. When applied on lip I tend to do a little application single swatch at times, on some I use a lip liner color underneath, or apply with a lip brush. The pigmentation on our lips vary based on application and face makeup. Try applying without even powder on your face Vs with a cleansed and groomed face. You should notice the difference.