April 25, 2015

NewU.in - Online Shopping Experience & Review

NewU.in yes dot in, not com; another online shopping website for skincare and beauty products like Purplle, violetbag, Nyke etc. There are many more and new websites launching every now and then.

NewU is a Dabur Enterprise. If you have noticed the sellers in ebay and Amazon, you would have come across this seller. New U has wide range of products from all renowned brands such as Chambor, Lakme, Revlon, Loreal Paris, Maybelline and many more. The website is organized well both for browsing and buying experience is smooth.

Shopping Experience - Placing Order & shipment updates: 
I have bought from them few times. Let me share my experience right from placing order till product delivery and the pain points. Yes there are cons too and I will also explain why. This is my experience during this March. That is March, 2015.

I faced 3 major problems, when I placed orders same day. Multiple orders as there was some discounts per 1000 Rs.

  1. Right after you place order you do get email notification and SMS, the order appears in your profile. After that, the status remains in "Processing" for ever.
  2. No features on the website to track the progress of order or shipment or delivery status unlike Flipkart and other websites. The biggest issue is no sms or emails on shipment dispatch and tracking details. I had to call their customer care number, it's a office number the person was supportive in helping me with the status updates on each of my orders.
  3. Product Unavailability - One my orders has been cancelled due to non availability of one item from the order. Entire order has been cancelled, yet no update or intimation on the refund.  The status still remains 'Processing'. The refund did come through.

The next time I placed order I checked with the person from their office, regarding the product availability before placing the order. Loos like they do not update the item list or stock appropriately.

I would rate 2/5 as the most essential functions of online shopping is missing. It;s kind of mis-leading customers although the people are genuine their system needs lot of work to get it on track.

Product Packing:
As far as packing is concerned I would give 5/5. Everything was intact with bubble wraps and sealed well. No damage. The products were original and in good condition. However there was a glitch in their invoice first time. The products were lipsticks and the invoice reads it as Eye Liner.




Customer Service:

 They do not have customer service like other eCommerce companies. The contact number provided on their website is a office number and answered by one person all the time. You do not know when he is available. They should definitely need to improve that if they have to run a full fledged online store. I would rate 2/5

Do share your experience if you have bought from NewU.In and if there are new changes. It might be useful for the other readers.

No comments: