April 3, 2015

Lakme Absolute Sculpt Hi-definition Matte Lipstick - Coco Shot Review

Hi Girls !

The last lipstick I have from this collection, is Coco Shot. Yes It is brown. Finally something better than Coffee Shot. These lipsticks were priced at Rs 700. The good news now is Flipkart is selling for 630/- Hurry if you are looking for something from this range. Here is the direct link. 

Coco Shot as the name says it's intense dark brown. The color would look rich on fair to medium skin tone girls. On dusky skin tone, like I am a MAC NC45, it kind of looks dull. I bought this as I wanted a brown color. This is a good color for a quick casual look when you really don't have time for makeup like we wear lipgloss. I go for my driving class in the morning and obviously don;t have time and don't feel like doing any just dab a bit of this for the color pay off.

I am happy with this purchase. It gives good color pay off, good coverage with little lipstick, long wear time.

Ensure you wear lip balm underneath as this dries up to matte finish in less than an hour. This is suitable for office as well, not too dark or bright just apt.

I am wearing this with a plain look, no foundation and no real eye makeup.



Please do post your comments after reading. You may share your thoughts if you have used this too.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just purchased this colour. Im quite happy with it too.

And I'm glad I found your blog! I had a hard time with the sales woman who insisted on selling me products that were meant for fairer skin. There is definitely a lack of cosmetics that cater to the Indian skin tones!

Anonymous said...

Most of the sales girls do not give honest opinion but sell and make commission. It's always best to see the color in natural light before buying.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the feedback girls. Difficult to find products suitable for medium - deep skin tone Indian girls, that's why I started this blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi, your blog is wonderful. Loved each and everyone of you swatches. Choosing a lipstick for a darker skin tone is really tough because most brands have for lighter skin tones only. I finally got my first matte lipstick in Lakme ..after being inspired by your blog. Please continue the good work. I find Revlon has more colors that suit me than other brands.Could you please also suggest/do a article on natural lipsticks we can wear to work and also other types of makeup products we can use. I think my skin tone is one shade darker than yours and I have black pimple marks :(

Unknown said...

Thank you for the feedback girl. I am like olive - dusky complexion matched to NC 45 of Mac if that helps. I have never tried anything from Revlon except for their eye pencils and plenty of nail products. On dark skin tone nude colors without face makeup looks dull. My personal opinion, I have tried light brown gloss and some nude lip colors it just didn't work well with me. I tend to lean towards colors that brighten the face yet do not look gaudy. I will try to post some swatches that suits deeper skin tone, and good to office (India) :) Outside India no body cares ... I enjoy trying lot of different shades. Will come back soon .....