April 26, 2015

Ada Designer Chikan Studio - adachikan.com - Online Shopping Experience and Review

All Indians love wearing the famous Lucknow Chikan hand embroidery work Kurtis and Churidars. The first one I wore was in early 2000 during my college days in Delhi light Lemon yellow color Cotton Salwar Kameez. I still miss that set. I do not remember the cost though but it was cheap LOL yes. After that the second one I bought was in Bangalore a un-stitched cotton material which costed me over 1000 bucks. It lasted for several years. I could not find good genuine ones in Kerala and buying one from a boutique would cost you more.

 During my search I stumbled across an article that I am linking here - click here. This is a general guide. You would find authentic chikan kari dress in many reputed stores such as West side, Fab India, Soch etc. I myself has bought but they are expensive. I found some stuffs on many popular websites too but pricey.

About the Website:


I thought to give some try with Ada Studio. Spend an day looking through, I had a chat with their Rep through their website. They were very helpful in answering my queries.

I finally picked my products and placed an order. They also got the pieces altered based on shoulder, sleeve length and bust measurement. Isn;t that fantastic. Chikan kari kurti's come in large sizes and you would only find one piece with certain design and one size beginning from 36. The materials are in cotton or Faux Georgette or Net or Tussar etc. Cotton and Georgette are good enough for this summer season. They have plenty of short tops to wear with salwars or Jeans. Browsing through the website is very easy, you can also add items to wish list.

I would rate 5/5



Product Shipping & Packaging:

They were prompt, responsive in updating you. The Rep called and confirmed my alteration and shipment dispatch. The package arrived on time and was well packed. See the pictures below.

Again - 5 stars.

Cloth packing underneath items were neatly wrapped in double layered polythene.




All the items fitted like dream. White cotton was so soft and felt good. Perfect product for this summer here in South India.

Will I buy again, definitely. I am thinking of buying few for my US friends as they simply love these embroidery work clothes.


No comments: