November 23, 2014

MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick - Lush Life on deep skintone

Hello Ladies!

This is my second lipstick from the MAC Mineralize Rich Lipsticks Collection. I have worn it few times times now so here goes my feedback about it.

Lush Life comes in a neat nice package. This lipstick case looks chubbier than their regular ones and it's base has magnet attached which ensures the cap is intact while closed.

Price : 22 USD for 3.6 gm [It's bit pricey for extra .6 gms compared to their other 3g lipsticks :( ]

Color & Texture:

I am not good at describing the lipstick color tones. To me at first when I opened it looked like a nice dark pink. When you apply it kind of looks like red but it's not. It's a deep pinky berry or plum color. As far as texture is concerned it's smooth like butter on application. It has the mild vanilla fragrance which disappears quickly. Even one swipe gives a nice rich color which you can build on. It has that shiny glossy finish and keeps your lips moisturized. I didn't feel my lips are dry even during Winter. I have the habit of cleaning my lips everyday and apply a thin layer of lip balm before applying lipsticks.

The color looks just nice on medium to dark skin tone.It lasts for good 5 - 6 hours without a meal and leaves behind the trace of color after that. 

I am not sure how to use and store the lipstick in Indian Humid weather afraid if it would melt. As far as in US I didn't have to store in the refrigerator.  




Makeup:

Eyes - Eye Shadow - Neutral shade from Maybelline Nude Palette
         - Eye Liner - Black pencil liner
         - Mascara
Face - Foundation: Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup (Ginger-23 )
         - Powder: Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder (04 Medium deep)
         - Blush: Estee Lauder - Alluring Rose
Lip - Liner - MAC Burgundy
      - Lipstick - MAC Lush Life

No comments: