November 25, 2014

MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick - So Good on Indian skintone

Hello Girls !

MAC Mineralize rich lipsticks have become so popular and have received positive feedback in the past several months. I already have two of them and have posted my feedback about Lush Life and All out gorgeous. I picked up a different color this time called "So Good" as I could not find any grape/purple shade in this collection.

Price & Quantity: 3.6 g (0.12 Oz) costing $22. Think it's Approx.Rs 1650 in India . MAC regular lipsticks costs $16. Mineralize rich lipsticks are pricey making it the only disadvantage.

Color & Texture:

In tube it looked a bit like Fuchsia Pink. When I tried a swatch on back of my hand it looked like cool magenta which was beautiful. On my lips it appears like a deep magenta color. You might find So Good similar to Rebel but it's not. I will add another post comparing both these colors. So Good comes in the chubby lipstick case and looks classy. The lipstick has mild Vanilla fragrance like many other MAC lipstick has which vanishes soon after you apply. It's so smooth on application, great pigmentation and coverage on single swipe. You can build it up to more intense Magenta with multiple swipes. I used a lip brush this time. The finish has slight gloss/shine to it which goes off in an hour. It doesn't dry your lips.

It's staying power is pretty good too. I had it on for around 5 hours. I had several coffee and water too. It didn't transfer much which is a good think.I didn't had to reapply after lunch the color stain was there throughout the day.


I wore a deep green sweater and did green eyes, I think I over did with this bright lipstick. I will try to keep my eye makeup minimal when I wear this lipstick again.



Makeup:
Primed & applied concealer
Foundation & Setting powder
Eye liner & shadow with mascara
Lipstick without liner

No comments: