November 4, 2014

MAC Rebel Lipstick on deep Indian skintone

I have always been fascinated about lipsticks the most unlike all other makeup.  Everything else has been very confusing right from the order of application and the type of products to buy. It’s only been few months since I started wearing makeup; yes of course with lipstick. Face makeup is incomplete without a lipstick or gloss.

I stumbled upon the renowned brand MAC only couple of months ago. I fell in love with their products. I have always in my life stayed away from dark lipsticks like brown, coffee, red, maroon etc. I love to wear those bright red and burgundy colors but never even once tried them on the store counters too. I had made up my mind it won’t suit my skin tone and end of the story until I saw some pictures of dark skinned women wearing them and I decided to give a try. It worked like a charm.
The lipstick comes in a regular pack, and the lipstick base weigh a bit as it has magnet in it. I realized all of MAC lipsticks I bought have them. 

Quantity – 3g
Price - $16 Approx. 960 INR

The product has a satin finish to it, it glides easily
while applying. You do not really need a brush for application. I have warm skin tone and matched to NC45 deep honey kind of shade. So that’s how I describe my skin tone while buying MAC products. This lipstick is not very dark on my skin tone and it’s very much presentable. If you have similar skin tone it would look beautiful on you. It stays for 4-6 hours if you just do one layer. I have the habit of touching up after lunch and I can go on till 7 pm with it until I remove my makeup at night.

Only complaint is it’s a bit pricey. If you like this color and would like to give a try good decision hurray! If not MAC you can buy similar shades of other brand who cares isn't? You can wear this lipstick with dark or warm color clothes and any season.                        

I would rate 4.9 out of 5 just because of the price.


I am wearing the following:

Face:
Foundation - Clinique Stay-Matte oil-free makeup (23 Ginger)
Primer - MAC Prep+Prime SPF 50
Powder - Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder (04 Medium Deep)
Blush - Clinique soft pressed powder blusher (01 new clover)

Eye:
Eye Shadow - Nude Shades from Maybelline Eyeshadow Palette
Eye Liner - Maybelline Black pencil liner

Lips:
Liner - MAC liner - burgundy
Color - Rebel

No comments: