November 25, 2014

MAC Odyssey Lipstick on Indian Skintone

Hello Gorgeous !

I spend some time in one of the MAC Stores nearby in my place and tried several swatches of plum / purple shades. I liked few of them but finally bought Odyssey which has a frosty finish. I liked Plumful, Plum Dandy, Amorous :) and Newyork Apple. All these colors looks different on swatches on our hand and on lips. Let's see how this one fared.

Price & Quantity : $16 for 3g approx. Rs.950 - Rs.990

Color & Texture:
As the name say it has a frost finish with less moisture. It's a nice color between pink & Purple suitable for all skintones. Although the outcome vary from fair to deep skintone. It's smooth, does not settle in line and gives pretty decent pigmentation in single swipe. It's not too glittery or shiny unlike other frost finish colors from MAC. I just loved the color and enjoyed wearing it to Church last Sunday morning. I paired this with long winter dress as it's cold out here.
I like this is as anytime wear day or evening, summer or winter.

The wear time is too short. You might find your lips dry if you do not have a thin layer of balm underneath before applying this lipstick.

Everything being said and done, this would be a great color to wear to work everyday for Indian Women who is so afraid of all bright and dark colors. This goes on with any attire so go grab your lipstick now if you are looking for one all time time :)



This is how Odyssey looks on me under different lighting.


No comments: