November 20, 2014

MAC On Hold - Red Lipstick on Medium to Dark skintone

Hi pretty girls out there!

I am happy to write about another red lipstick from MAC called 'On Hold' (Creme Sheen). This one is from the same MAC Pro Lip Palette - 6 Editorial Reds.

Price: $16 in USA and Approx Rs.960 to Rs.1000

Color & Texture:

MAC calls this a mid tone yellow raspberry. I would call this as soft red :) funny. It's a creme sheen lipstick meaning it's supposed to have a sheer finish. But in actual it gives decent coverage in couple of swipes single layer alone. It's so smooth on application, does not settle in lines and has mild fragrance which vanishes immediately. I could feel it only while applying. It's moisturizing and did not dry out my lips. This suits dusky Indian skin tone too.

It stays for good 5 - 6 hours. I retouched it after my lunch which was after 6 hours since I wore it.  May be filling the lip with the same color pencil and applying two layers would give a longer lasting time. I haven't tried it that way yet. This is the first time I am wearing this color.

As I always write, when ever I wear red lipstick my personal rule is to have face makeup so that the lipstick speaks.

Below is the swatch:


I am on MAC On Hold Lipstick.



Make Up Look:

Face - Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in Place Makeup (Rich caramel - 5W2 )
         - Powder: Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder (04 Medium deep)
         - Blush: Estee Lauder - Sensuous Rose
Eyes - Neutral Eye shadow from Maybelline Nude Palette
         - Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Cream Pencil Eyeliner
Lip  - Liner - MAC Brick
       - Lipstick - On Hold

No comments: