November 25, 2014

Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict - Very Berry on deep skintone

Hello Ladies !

I have already written couple of posts on other shades from Lakme Absolute Gloss Addict Collection. I have bought all of them online without trying out in a store. Although Very Berry is a pretty pink shade it doesn't go well with deep skin tone.

Price (4 ml): I paid 560 on Purplle after 15% discount. They still sell for 700 whereas in Flipkart its 800.

Color & Texture:
It's a bright pink shade according to me. Like other shades from Gloss Addict this too has a buttery texture. My lipstick fell and I made a mess after that I could not succeed with a smooth application and never bothered to try with a lip brush. As a result of this it always settles in lip lines and if your lip is not exfoliated well it does settle in fine lines anyway.  This is a great day time wear for Summer however it's your personal preference.

It's like a balm in single swipe you can make it out from the swatches below. This does not go well on deep skin tone, I am matched to NC 45 of MAC. It would look marvelous on fair to medium skin tone. To bring color you might want to do several swatches.

It does not stay longer, has a maximum wear time of 2 - 3 hours. Does moisturizes your lips, not sticky. The gloss disappears in less than 30 minutes.

If asked I would rate it as average compared to it's other shades from this collection.



No comments: